1 . A control chart helps the project manager :
DeterminingÂ if a process is functioning within set limits relates to control chart.
Focusing the most critical issues to improve quality relates to Pareto Charts ; Stimulating thinking and exploring a desired future outcome relate to fishbone diagrams
2, When a product or service completely meets customer's requirements :
As a general rule, one cannot say quality (as defined in the question) is either of high or low cost. It provides what the customer wanted, which may not be the lowest or highest cost. When a product or service completely meets customer's needs, quality is achieved.
3. Quality is :
There can be a cost impact (or time, risk, etc) of exceeding expectations or adding extras. Quality is the degree to which the project meets requirements
4. Cost associated with inspection, laboratory measurements and analysis, machinery maintenance and calibration, field-testing, and procedure checking are examples of which of the following ?
AppraisalÂ costs are associated with the cost of conformance and include inspection, laboratory measurements and analysis, machinery maintenance and calibration, field-testing, and procedure checking.
5. During project execution, PM/PMO monitors specific results to determine if they comply with relevant standards and identifying ways to eliminate causes of inadequate result is :
Manage quality or quality assurance is utilized to monitor and record results of quality activities during execution phase .
6. You are planning to hire a third-party to perform a schedule or random structure review to determine whether your quality management activities comply with organizational an project process, policies, and procedures. All of the following will be done in this quality audit EXCEPT :
Audits are done in the Manage Quality process, and quality metric, which are the outputs in the Plan Quality Management process, are used as inputs in Manage Quality process
7, Control Quality is the process of monitoring specific project results to determine if they comply with relevant quality standards and identifying ways to eliminate causes of unsatisfactory results. All of the following tools & techniques use in Control Quality EXCEPT :
Expert judgment is not listed as tool & technique for any of the quality management processes.
8. Plan Quality Management is the process of identifying all the relevant quality requirements, specifications, and standards for project and product and detailing how the specification will be met and should be performed
Quality Management is integrated with many other project planning processes, especially cost and time management
9. As a project manager, you are trying to decide the trade-offs between quality and grade in your project. Which one of the following is correct with respect to a product or a service performed ?
A product that is produced at a high level of quality but does not include many of features of comparable products is referred to as low grade. A low grade product with limited features may be acceptable, but a low-qualityÂ product or service is unacceptable
10. On a product development project , which is taking a totally new approach to product development unprecedented in the industry, what would be the BEST way to develop quality management plan ?
If the approach being taken to develop an industry-leading product is totally new, the quality plan should be createdÂ from scratch and updated with continuous consultation involvement of the stakeholders